[Foundation-l] Foundation Discretion Regarding Personnel Matters

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 15:30:26 UTC 2007

The Foundation looks dumb in all this, but rather than beating each other up
about the past, I'd prefer to inquire about the present.

This person was in a sensitive position.  Can the Foundation offer
assurances that her actions in this position did not cause any material
harm?  I have in mind problems ranging from poor accounting and
mismanagement to ouright fraud and embezzlement.

I realize there are likely limits to what one can discuss publicly if there
were problems, but perhaps a more general statement denying any problems
would be possible.  For example, a statement like: "To the best of our
knowledge, Ms. Doran's performance as COO was satisfactory and we do not
believe that her actions had any direct negative impact on the Foundation
during her time here."

Something like that would give me peace of mind that this situation is now
concluded (aside from the bad PR).

The possibility of a link between this person's involvment as COO and the
subsequent delay in the audit is a troubling one and should be disspelled if
possible.

-Robert Rohde