[Foundation-l] google to launch encyclopedic project?

cohesion cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Fri Dec 14 14:07:30 UTC 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 7:00 AM, Tomasz Ganicz <polimerek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, if the publication will be in fact a contribution of many
> authors, the "author" shown on the page should be rather called
> "editor in chief", collecting and checking other's people
> contributions. They write, that the idea is that author can agree to
> put some adds on his/her "knol" and then have some income.  So, if you
> contribute substantially to someone's else "knol" the author shown on
> the page will get income for your work...

I think  you may be thinking about it from a more WIkipedia-centric
view. I think anyone can start a new article. You're only the
"editor-in-chief" of *your* insomnia article, but I can start my own
easily enough.

This is why I don't see how this is better than normal web hosting,
except for google of course, which will get more ad revenue... :)

Judson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cohesion