[Foundation-l] google to launch encyclopedic project?

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 12:43:34 UTC 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 1:38 PM, Tomasz Ganicz <polimerek at gmail.com> wrote:

> The strange thing is with possibliity to editing this by many and
> simultaneusly puting just one name of author. Or the idea is that only
> one author can edit? If so, there is no reason to have "edit" tab
> visible by all..  It is not clear to me, what they really want to do.

2 years ago, Microsoft introduced the edit button at msn-encarta.
"Edit" is their way of saying "you are allowed to submit suggestions
how to improve the article and you are free to do that be simply
making the suggestion as if this was an edit button".

It would be technically possible (but not entirely logical) to have
the main author of an article work as the person acknowledging the
proposed edit.

Mathias