[Foundation-l] google analytics for everybody on fiwiki

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 20:40:13 UTC 2007

I was askied to take a look at this:

In fi.wikipedia.org couple admins (w:fi:User:Joonasl and
w:fi:User:MikkoM) have added Google analytics on every pageload
(here). That is really annoinning and it has to be against to
Wikimedia's privacy rules. There is no need for that. Please can you
or somebody do something? --Anonacco 20:27, 10 December 2007 (UTC)

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk%3APathoschild&diff=786930&oldid=783408

I really don't know about it
but I recall a long discussion about google analytics a few weeks ago.
Where who or how should this be handled?

The Google Analytics bug was added into the copyright notice:
http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A4rjestelm%C3%A4viesti:Copyright

Anyone techcnically savvy that can enlighten me?
And I'm sending this to foudnation-l since I don't know if this has
privacy/persinal info  issues