[Foundation-l] Announcing Erica Ortega & Cheryl Steffen

Cary Bass cbass at wikimedia.org
Mon Dec 10 14:33:20 UTC 2007

Forwarded message from Sue Gardner:

------

Hi folks,

I am delighted to introduce the Wikimedia Foundation’s new office
manager and new PA. These are our first hires for the San Francisco
headquarters.

Our new office manager is Erica Ortega. Erica comes to us from COPIA:
The American Center for Wine Food & the Arts, a Napa nonprofit where she
was executive administrator to the president. She was previously board
relations manager for COPIA, and prior to that was office manager for a
nonprofit charter schools management organization called Envision
Schools, and benefits/payroll assistant for the University of California
at Berkeley.

Our new PA (personal assistant to the Executive Director) is Cheryl
Steffen. Cheryl has just relocated to San Francisco from Chicago, where
she was executive assistant to the CEO at a company called Urban Retail
Properties. Prior to that, she was a copywriter and executive assistant
to the COO at Aon Corporation, and a circulation assistant at the
American Medical Association.

Please join me in welcoming Erica and Cheryl to the team. And many
thanks to Mona Venkateswaran and Erik Möller for participating in the
hiring process: their support has been much appreciated.

I will be announcing additional new hires in the coming weeks.

Thanks,
Sue Gardner

-----

Cary Bass