[Foundation-l] who handles copyright violations from otherwikis?

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 20:25:36 UTC 2007

Well, the Wikimedia Foundation is not the copyright holder of the
material on Wikipedia (the individual authors are), thus there is not
much the foundation could do. If you find editors who wrote
substantive parts of the articles that were copied to cetratec.org,
these editors can then write to cetratec.org and allege copyright
violation (that is, they could even send a DMCA notice).

Of course, you, yourself, could also send an email to this site along
the lines of "I think you forgot to attribute these articles to
Wikipedia etc."

But I doubt the foundation can get officially involved in this (as
long as it is not about trademark issues, which is it not as far as I
can see)

Michael