[Foundation-l] Fund Drive 2007 surpasses 2006

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 16:15:45 UTC 2007

On Dec 7, 2007 5:58 AM, Andrew Whitworth <wknight8111 at gmail.com> wrote:

> How does this compare exactly to the total number of donations from
> 2006? How much of the donations in 2006 were from corporate donors, or
> matching donations? Since we didn't do matching donations this year
> (to my knowledge), how did the raw numbers compare before the
> matching? Raising as much money in 44 days as we did last year in 34
> days seems to be a bad trend.

At day 18 in this drive we had the same total number of donations as at day
18 in the 2006 drive.  Since then, this drive has had more donations than
equivalent periods in 2006.

At day 34, we were running 5 donations in this drive for every 4 in the
previous drive.  We are presently up to about 7 donations per every 5, but
keep in mind that the 2006 drive "ended" after 34 days (not counting the
several days of "thank you" banner).

Alexa traffic to wikipedia.org is up 40% since last year, so I would argue
that 7 to 5 (i.e. 140%) is roughly a neutral result with respect to
fundraising effectiveness.

-Robert Rohde