[Foundation-l] Simple solution to the GFDL/CC-by-SA issue

Yonatan Horan yonatanh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:58:51 UTC 2007

But could removing the requirement to include the text of the license in a
future version of the GFDL be a violation of the "spirit" of the license?
Who decides what the spirit is anyway?

"Such new versions will be similar in spirit to the present version, but may
differ in detail to address new problems or concerns."

Some people agree to release images under the GFDL since they know
newspapers\books are unlikely to use them without contacting them first and
working something out, so essentially people use it as a semi-noncommercial
license. Those people  would probably argue a new version would not be in
the same spirit.