[Foundation-l] Racism in Commons

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 19:45:33 UTC 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 11:39 AM, mike.lifeguard <mike.lifeguard at gmail.com> wrote:

> >First they came for the anti-Semitic content,
> >But I did not speak up because I am not anti-Semitic.
> Thank you so much for this. Hit the nail right on the head!

Let's not oversimplify this to the point of irrelevance.  Nobody has
advocated the removal of all or significant parts of anti-semitic content
from Commons (or anywhere else).  Everyone seems to agree that you need to
host some of that content to be able to present informational and
educational material on it in the encyclopedias.

That a small particular set of anti-semitic content failed the
"informational and educational" test and was removed is not a generalization
of any sort.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com