[Foundation-l] Racism in Commons

Wikinews Markie newsmarkie at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 5 18:21:31 UTC 2007

ive just searched on commons for censored -
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Not_censored#Wikimedia_Commons_is_a_common_central_media_repository_of_all_Wikimedia_projects

"The Commons may contain content that some readers consider *objectionable
or offensive*. Like Wikipedia, the Commons is not censored"

and wikipedia -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:What_Wikipedia_is_not#Wikipedia_is_not_censored

"Wikipedia may contain content that some readers consider objectionable or
offensive <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Content_disclaimer>.
Anyone reading Wikipedia can edit an article and the changes are displayed
instantaneously without any checking to ensure appropriateness, so Wikipedia
cannot guarantee that articles or images are tasteful to all users or adhere
to specific social <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_norms> or
religious<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion>norms or
requirements."

overall - we are NOT censored and this is CLEARLY detailed in policies on
various projects - pics should stay

mark