[Foundation-l] Racism in Commons

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 16:02:46 UTC 2007

Bryan Tong Minh wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2007 3:56 PM, Christiano Moreschi
> <moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> More seriously, however, Commons need to pull their collective socks up. This is not clever stuff, and I note that the user who added and then edit-warred over these has not been banned yet. If this were enwiki I'd have kicked this guy out ASAP. POV-warriors can't be allowed to run around on the loose on any WMF project.
>>

> You know, there are still projects where we try to resolve things in
> an other way that hitting the block button...

Sure, but...

There are also projects where it seems no discussion really occur to try
to resolve things.

In this case, one of the user responsible of the mess (not the one
uploading the images, but the one putting them on Ariel page) is also
one with a pretty impressive list of "you uploaded this image, but it is
not taggued".

Check by yourself

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Liftarn

And this has been going on for months
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Liftarn/Archive_4
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Liftarn/Archive_3
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Liftarn/Archive_2
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Liftarn/Archive_1

half of the images he uploaded in the past, it seems, have been deleted.
I hope the other images are okay.