[Foundation-l] Racism in Commons

Christiano Moreschi moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 15:12:44 UTC 2007

Why bother? Good old William of Occam would have made a fantastic Wikimedian. You've got a simple, quick, and easy solution to a pretty bad problem. Why hesitate and go in for something more complicated? Don't understand the reason to overcomplicate. Or, alternatively, you could ban him from uploading any more politics-related images...

Honestly, though, if we get to the stage where 50 percent of one guy's picture gallery labels him as a Neo-Nazi - complete fringe theory - Commons need to learn something from enwiki and toughen up. There's a word for that we use at enwiki: POV-pushing. This is not acceptable and we don't really need any more bad press at the moment, not with Durova/!! all over the Register.

CM

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo.