[Foundation-l] Racism in Commons

Yoni Weiden yonidebest at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 12:24:53 UTC 2007

Personally, I don't *like* the idea that there are so many genitalia images
in Commons, but I can live with it. But we must draw the line somewhere. I
am sure the press will. BTW, this is not a threat. I do not intend to go to
the press as I am for Wikimedia. I was even one of the founders of Wikimedia
IL. I wish this wouldn't but I have no doubt the press will find out about
this: we are having discussion about this in the Hebrew Wikipedia and if
there will be a mass deletion process where the pages will be kept - I am
sure they can be "traced".

Regarding an example of Latuff's - thats one thing. The Hebrew Wikipedia as
one example of his cartoons - This doesn't mean that we should allow
uploading of all of his racist cartoons, and presenting them in Ariel
Sharon's page. Some respect is in order.

Yoni Weiden