[Foundation-l] Wikinews - not so much a state of the wiki

Mike Godwin mnemonic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 22:55:39 UTC 2007

>> I'm not sure what you mean by "rhetoric" here
>
> Rhetoric is something said more for effect than for its informational
> value - humour and irony are forms of rhetoric. (They can still have
> informational value, but it's generally of secondary importance to the
> effect of the statement.)

Ah, that explains my confusion -- you were using a nonstandard
definition of "rhetoric."

In any case, what I originally posted was meant to be understood
primarily for its informational value and not merely appreciated for
my inimitable style and flare.

> It also helps to English - we're generally
> much more used to sarcasm and similar forms of rhetoric than, say,
> Americans.

In light of this exchange, you're being ironic here, right? :)

--Mike