[Foundation-l] Simple solution to the GFDL/CC-by-SA issue

Jon Harald Søby jhsoby at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 18:28:20 UTC 2007

I'm just a layman, so this post might be extremely naïve and short-minded of
me, but I'll go ahead and post it anyways.

As far as I can understand, the main problem we have with the GFDL is that
you have to include the entire text of the license if you want to use
something that is GFDL. Why not, in the next GFDL version, just remove the
clause that says you have to include the entire license, and just say it's
sufficient to state that the material is GFDL and credit the author(s) in
the appropriate manner? Wouldn't that - for the everyday person - accomplish
exactly the same as switching to CC-by-SA?

--
Jon Harald Søby
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by