[Foundation-l] Project announcement: Indywikia, visually browsing wikipedia!

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 3 12:35:27 UTC 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 12:25 PM, Markos Gogoulos <mgogoulos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to give you a pointer to indywikia project. Indywikia is an
> open source project that aims to browse wikipedia on an intuitive and
> different way!  Article's images are displayed in tenths, plus the ones of
> related articles, thus one can quickly get an idea what the article is
> about, or discover related ones!
>
> Text is split on titles, links, paragraphs blocks. Hope that you will find
> the project interesting!
>
> http://indywikia.sourceforge.net

I looked at the screenshots, and to be honest saw nothing that
couldn't be done with JavaScript directly in the browser. But then, I
didn't test the package, so there is probably some more goodness
hidden inside.

As a suggestion: I once started a wikipedia browsing software not
dissimilar to this approach; it also showed backlinks in the sidebar,
and it had a navigation page with the current articke in the center
(as icon), and linked/backlinked pages around it. clicking on one
would bring that in the center, and so on...

Cheers,
Magnus