[Foundation-l] What's wrong with CC-BY-SA?

Mike Godwin mnemonic at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 17:17:21 UTC 2007

Milos writes:

>  GFDL (or GSFDL) compatible with CC-BY-SA is completely other story
> because FSF would be behind such license....

> In other words, while we have FSF license, everything is fine.

I believe that some of the concern being voiced here ignores the fact
that FSF is a stakeholder in all these negotiations, and that FSF
approval of any harmonization of GFDL and CC-BY-SA will be required.

So, even if you don't trust Creative Commons, if you *do* trust FSF,
you should be fine with whatever the outcome of this process is, since
that outcome must be approved by FSF.

--Mike