[Foundation-l] Wikimedia logos on Commons

John Smith rememberthedot at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 17:43:10 UTC 2007

No, I understand copyright, and I also understand that the foundation's
policy is ridiculous to say that it is a form of government suppression. But
if we're going to enforce the foundation's policy, flawed as it may be, we
need to do it equally.

The definition of free content that the foundation chose states:

"In most countries however, these freedoms are not enforced but suppressed
by the laws commonly named *copyright laws*. They consider authors as
god-like creators and give them an exclusive monopoly as to how "their
content" can be re-used. This monopoly impedes the flourishing of culture,
and it does not even help the economic situation of authors so much as it
protects the business model of the most powerful publishing companies." -
http://freedomdefined.org/Definition

Surely the foundation would not choose to endorse a definition it doesn't
agree with.