[Foundation-l] [Wikinews-l] Proposal for the creation of a Wikinews foundation

Christophe Henner christophe.henner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 01:07:07 UTC 2007

On 22/08/07, Craig Spurrier <craig at craigweb.net> wrote:
> Freedom of press is of course the biggest one. The US also has a
> copyright system, which far from ideal is decent and well tested.

Is the Wikinews Foundation going to publish anything ?

> The US also has relatively easy rules for establishing a non profit (beyond
> establishment it can get complicated but is very well documented and
> there is no shortage of experts).

Do you know what are the procedures to establish a non profit
organisation in the other countries? Just to have a quick look on what
are the advantages of being in US.

> The US also has very reporter friendly fair use and libel laws.

Didn't you planned the Wikinews Foundation to be an international foundation?

>The other big benifit to establishing it in the
> US is we have a vast pool of resources that we can draw on from the WM
> foundation who are already familiar with US law.

I totally agree on this point.

> -Craig Spurrier
> [[n:Craig Spurrier]]
>
> Anthony wrote:

> >> What are the legal benefits of being in the US? And compared to where?
> >>

> > Freedom of the press?  Pretty much anywhere else?

schiste