[Foundation-l] Proposal for the creation of a Wikinews foundation

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Tue Aug 21 21:52:31 UTC 2007

To add to Craig's comment on the effectiveness of users having
@wikinewsie.org email addresses... The guys in New Zealand have said the new
addresses return a 100% response rate versus a "hope and a prayer" with
@gmail, I got a 40 minute telephone interview with the UK Labour party's
longest serving MP, Tony Benn, and we have all this for 5 years.  There is a
long time for the foundation to work out how it could/should be handling
this before I'd have to put my hand in my pocket again. Perhaps by that time
it will be more generally accepted that Wikinews has unique characteristics?
I don't know how the foundation can serve what the current crop of
wikinewsies want as output, but an acceptance of the unique nature of the
project needs to be more widespread.

Brian.