[Foundation-l] Alternative to paypal

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:13:49 UTC 2007

On 8/16/07, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I see nowhere in your arguments a strategy that will bring the cost of the
> money transfers down. Consequently, I agree that Google does not provide a
> global service but equally you have to admit that you do not cover the whole
> of the argument either.

And it is your interpretation to think that I was trying to propose a
financial strategy of any kind for the Wikimedia Foundation. On the
contrary to you, I do not try to impose my one and only solution as
"the best", i try to lay out the traps of adopting one solution too
rashly, without wieghing the pros and the cons.

And in case you have the feeling that I am against Google, please rest
assured that I am a believer in Google is Good and not Evil  (tm), and
it just happens to fall on them, but my arguments would have been
exactly the same if your proposed solution had been offered by the UN,
the Red Cross or the Deutsche Bank.

Delphine
--
~notafish

La critique, art aisé, se doit d'être constructive. -- Boris Vian in
*Chroniques du menteur*