[Foundation-l] Alternative to paypal

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 11:10:01 UTC 2007

Hi

I am coming into this discussion rather late and am, as usual, reading
emails backwards :-) Apologies if my comments have already been covered.

Perhaps it would be an option to allow a number of different ways to donate.
For instance IF Google truly is free (financially - I take on board your
other comments on "free" and agree completely) there could be a note on the
donor page saying " Please use the payment option that best suits you as a
donor.  If Google payments are used there is no financial cost to WMF" and
"If Paypal is used there is a financial cost to WMF of £?/% per
transaction."

Personally, I have a Paypal account and would find it too onerous a task to
setup a Google account - especially if I could not use it with Amazon.

Best

Debbie