[Foundation-l] Proposal: LiteratePrograms.org as Wikimedia Project

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 11:48:48 UTC 2007

I don't think anyone can comment intelligently until it is clarified what
"merged into the Wikimedia Foundation family of projects" really means. Does
this mean that they are now wikis. That anyone can edit them? That the current
community of WMF will determine how they are managed?

What are their financials like? Do they have sufficient funds to be
self-sufficient? If not, do we have sufficient funds to support them? Why is  this a
merger and not a simple partnership between the two organizations?

There are many more, similar questions that can be asked. You can't ask
people to make informed decisions until all these questions are answered.

Danny

In a message dated 4/27/2007 9:13:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,