[Foundation-l] Why is it...

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Thu Apr 26 12:34:38 UTC 2007

On 4/26/07, Mohamed Magdy <mohamed.m.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> ٍSimply because the place for discussion (fndn mailing list) isn't
> visible to many people.. and sometimes people just skip emails because
> there are so many (at least me ;)).. as said..there should be a place
> where all thoughts and ideas related to a particular subject is wrote
> and let all people know about it...

I've found Wikipedia Signpost
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost) to be an
excellent resource for this sort of news pertaining to Wikipedia.
While it may not have prevented this particular case of
miscommunication, having a "Wikimedia Signpost" of sorts with
significant open communication between its writers and the board,
would probably be extremely helpful.  If there is enough interest the
most important articles could even be translated into multiple
languages.

Wikipedia Signpost covers a lot of these Wikimedia issues already.
I'm not sure if this issue was adequately covered there, as I just
found out about Wikipedia Signpost recently.  In any case, this is
only part of the issue, but I think we all need to admit that there
are still some serious communication issues within the WMF.

Anthony