[Foundation-l] http://wikipedia.org

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 21:14:21 UTC 2007

I like the stub ratio part.

I've felt for a long time that certain Wikipedias are really stubby in
general, this really confirms some of those ideas.

http://s23.org/wikistats/wikipedias_html.php?sort=ratio_asc

For example, the Cebuano Wikipedia is apparently the stubbiest.

It gets a bit thrown off by the really really small Wikis - the
least-stubbiest is supposedly the one in Tsonga, but then their only
article in the actual language is the mainpage.

The least-stubby of Wikipedias with over 1K articles is the Ripuarian
Wikipedia. The least-stubby with over 10K is the English Wikipedia
(!).

I guess some of the newer Wikipedias have gotten the wrong idea
thinking that quantity is more important than quality... of the 10
stubbiest, 6 were created relatively recently (Cebuano, Lombard,
Novial, Piedmontese, Ligurian, Siberian).

So here's a little nudge to everyone... why not go to
Special:Shortpages or Special:Random on your favourite Wiki and expand
some articles? How about it?

Mark

On 25/04/07, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25/04/07, Mike <mike_wikipedia at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Maybe even take advantage of an existing stats
> > extraction script which is already run more than
> > once a day?
> >
> > I'm thinking of
> >
> > http://s23.org/wikistats/wikipedias_html.php
>
> Marvellous! Never knew that was there...
>
> --
> - Andrew Gray
>  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk

Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.