[Foundation-l] Wikipedia:Office Actions

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Apr 25 00:30:20 UTC 2007

Florence Devouard wrote:
> It was a logo, taggued public domain.
>
> The office action held less than 30 mn.
>
> A new logo was uploaded (very very poor quality) and replaced on the
> page. No comment was added on the talk page.
>
> Outcome: Office action rejected.

Why is there a need for an office action in this case?  My understand is
that office actions are for time-sensitive matters that are particularly
unusual. Deleting copyright violations is a very normal thing that we do
routinely; there's no need for some sort of Official Intervention to do
so, and even Normal Wikipedians can request such deletions and have
their requests honored.

-Mark