[Foundation-l] BitTorrent Downloads

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Tue Apr 24 23:22:57 UTC 2007

Since I have open sourced the wikix program, now anyone wanting the
images can download them directly from Wikipedia.
I am in process of restructuring the WikiGadugi site, so anyone wanting
the bittorrent downloads need to finish up this week,
as I will discontinue them shortly since folks now have the ability to
download them directly.   The wikix program
is not very intensive on the main Wikimedia servers.   The program is
setup to behave as several workstations, and it really
does not take that long to get the images.

To date, under ten folks have downloaded the entire image archive, so it
does not appear that there is that much interest.

Jeff