[Foundation-l] Wikipedia:Office Actions

Robert Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Tue Apr 24 06:48:06 UTC 2007

Casey Brown wrote:
> Just for the record, I love the office and would love to see it on meta...
>
> Cbrown1023

I always thought this was a bit unusual for a Wikimedia policy to not be
on Meta, especially when it has been invoked on projects other than
en.wikipedia.  I know it has (in the past) been invoked on Wikibooks and
a few other places as well, and certainly seems to be a policy that was
not accepted by Wikipedians but rather an assertion of Foundation
authority.  The only reason for its inclusion on Wikipedia is mainly
because that is where the bulk of such legal requests have been made,
due to the visibility of that project.

Barring some minor word changes to make it less Wikipedia-centric, I
would also support moving this policy to Meta where it likely should
have been in the first place.

-- Robert Horning