[Foundation-l] Wikipedia:Office Actions

Michael Snow wikipedia at att.net
Tue Apr 24 06:18:27 UTC 2007

Casey Brown wrote:

>Just for the record, I love the office and would love to see it on meta...

What kind of situations does Meta have that would call for "office
actions" as they were practiced on the English Wikipedia?

With respect to the larger issue, the Wikimedia Foundation office must
have the authority to intervene on all projects when necessary for legal
reasons. It would be difficult to abdicate this. The details and process
might vary (the closure of the French Wikiquote was done rather
differently), and I wouldn't recommend referring everyone to the English
Wikipedia version as the blanket official policy, but the principle
remains the same.

--Michael Snow