[Foundation-l] Wikipedia:Office Actions

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 05:50:08 UTC 2007

Hoi,
One of the reasons why it does not happen is because we do not want to know
what is out there. One good thing of making explicit that the Wikimedia
Foundation reserves the right to take measures is that it not only allows
for less hassles when it is done, it also provides some prevention. It
informs explicitly that every project has to conform to the law and to the
minimal requirements that the WMF states.

I disagree that it is overhead. It is as worthwhile as informing about
licenses, which is also a stated WMF requirement.

Thanks,
     GerardM