[Foundation-l] A modest proposal: ads on wikipedia.com

Alison Wheeler wikimedia at alisonwheeler.com
Mon Apr 23 21:54:06 UTC 2007

On Mon, April 23, 2007 14:43, Rich Holton wrote:
> CAIAPHAS:
> Think of the things you can do with that money
> Choose any charity - give to the poor
> We've noted your motives - we've noted your feelings
> This isn't blood money - it's a fee nothing
> Fee nothing, fee nothing more.

Maybe the preceding line puts the suggestion better:

ANNAS:
But you might as well take it - we think that you shuold.

Personally, I think that putting *any* advertising on any of the wiki*.tld
sites that we own would reduce the impact of our message and be totally
misunderstood where it matters. ie:
ANNAS:
Cut the protesting, forget the excuses
We want information ...

Alison

ps. David G: could you tag your posts "[irony]" or "[humour]" as some
people reading them - especially if they aren't aware of your sense of
humour - might think you are being serious / sane!