[Foundation-l] A modest proposal: ads on wikipedia.com

Jean-Baptiste Soufron jbsoufron at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 02:20:36 UTC 2007

Yeah what a great idea.

What a useless foundation to end up in creating an ad-sponsored
encyclopedia ! The youtube of content !

Face it : there is no need for money, except for the amount of money
needed to create the illusion that the foundation serve a purpose.

The only goal the foundation should concentrate its energy on is
making wikipedia more free... not trying to find business models that
do not exist.

But go on : you will generate the money you actually would not need
to spend if there were no foundation in the first place.

And you will really put an end to the beautiful experience that it was.

Best,

JBS