[Foundation-l] Does "free content" exist in France?

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Apr 20 21:26:17 UTC 2007

On 4/20/07, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Depends on the juristiction.  For example in France
> they are inalienable, perpetual and inviolable.

That's pretty awful - perpetual restrictions are a terrible idea - but
if these are, in fact, in effect, I would consider it unwise to
restrict our content to not accept PD materials from these countries.
Fortunately, modifications that trigger any kind of moral rights claim
ought to be of no relevance to virtually all uses of WM content people
might be interested in.

Kat, what do you think? It may be necessary to amend the licensing
policy to clarify the whole moral rights situation.

--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic