[Foundation-l] Does "free content" exist in France?

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Apr 20 18:50:22 UTC 2007

On 4/20/07, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The Free Content Definition is to only to be used to
> evaluate a *license* not an individual work.

Yes, unless there is no license attached to the work. Wikimedia
Commons may decide to eventually implement the full Definition, but
this would lead to exactly the kind of problems you describe. We also
have plenty of files lacking underlying source data (3D renderings and
so on), which the Definition requires for free _works_.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic