[Foundation-l] Does "free content" exist in France?

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 17:07:30 UTC 2007

Well, in certain countries the rights just cannot be waived, from what
I have heard. Thus, if the author were to change their mind about
their image being "free", they could take it back. I don't know that
that legal right exists in the US. I can imagine that many authors
would _want_ to make the image non-free again if something like that
happened (the image were modified to mock them).

Mark

On 20/04/07, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Pedro Sanchez <pdsanchez at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > No matter how free is the image, the author will
> > always remain the
> > author. That's nothing to do with freeness.
>

> Sorry I missed this comment on first reading.
> Authorship is not the moral right in question.  The
> question is about the moral rights effecting
> derivatives which might be seen as distorting or
> mulitating the work or somehow insulting the honor of
> the author.  While the definition of freedom says
> derivative must be allowed "regardless of the intent
> and purpose of such modifications"
>
> Birgitte SB

Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.