[Foundation-l] Does "free content" exist in France?

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 15:04:24 UTC 2007

The argument being made is over the provision:

The freedom to distribute derivative works: In order
to give everyone the ability to improve upon a work,
the license must not limit the freedom to distribute a
modified version (or, for physical works, a work
somehow derived from the original), regardless of the
intent and purpose of such modifications. However,
some restrictions may be applied to protect these
essential freedoms or the attribution of authors (see
below).

In particular "distribute a modified version  . . .
regardless of the intent and purpose of such
modifications" clashing with moral rights such as
"right to the respect of the work " and "right to
protection of honour and reputation"

Thanks
Birgitte SB