[Foundation-l] what do we do in the event the Foundation fails? - Re: Pol...

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 19 09:13:09 UTC 2007

On 4/19/07, Lars Aronsson <lars at aronsson.se> wrote:
> Instead of that being a risk, I think it could be a successful
> strategy. Lose it, drop it. Shake off all this hype that currently
> surrounds Wikipedia. We could get away from discussing money and
> lawyers and instead we could focus on how to write a better
> encyclopedia.

Not a terrible idea - let's put Wikipedia's brand & domain on eBay and
use the money for some serious innovation. ;-) Unfortunately, the hype
about doing such a ridiculous thing would be so great that we'd be
faced with the same growing pains a few months down the line ...

--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic