[Foundation-l] what do we do in the event the Foundation fails? - Re: Policy governance ends

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 23:08:45 UTC 2007

On 4/18/07, Platonides <Platonides at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting. Copying one subfolder (1/256 of files) is much more
> affordable.
> But how would you /copy/ them? Server admin probably doesn't want users
> downloading those filesizes... Which goes to the imho original problem
> of not having image dumps.

For the kind of back up we are talking about image dumps anyone can
download are not the ideal solution.

Handing out hard drives containing the complete commons image set (and
anything else that can be fitted on) to chapter representatives and
wikimania would have certain advantages since the image dumps would
get to those who need them without the bandwidth cost and server load.

--
geni