[Foundation-l] What are the assets of the Foundation, anyway?

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Wed Apr 18 22:53:39 UTC 2007

In a message dated 4/18/2007 6:50:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
erik at wikimedia.org writes:

Yes -  and no. Yes, we should explore the strategy of protecting the
brands  through a trust or by other reasonable means. (I do not agree
with Danny  that it should be "done immediately", as we also need to
carefully  investigate any associated risks.)  I also agree that the
domain name  and brand has tremendous short term value.

The problem is that this is not a new issue. It has been around for a  while,
and this just puts it back on the backburner. I can only wonder, why has
nothing been done until now? Why has it not been investigated  yet?