[Foundation-l] Language subcommittee vs Montenegrin language - show time

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Sat Apr 14 13:26:46 UTC 2007

Hello Jesse,

Glad you have joined the thread.

> The language subcommittee exists to promote flourishing wiki
> communities and prevent mistakes made in the past.
I see, but where is mechanism to prevent LSC to make unjust mistakes
which are based only on their impulse and bad previous experience?
Where LSC protect small communities to provide them clear discussion
without deliberately spam pushing?
Where is LSC policy on that?
 Current practice enable few people to disable any seriously discussion
on request page.
>  We are obviously
> not to blame for the separation of the Serbo-Croatian wiki years ago,
> which predates the subcommittee, as Mark suggests. Fortunately, Mark
> later agrees with our position: "I, for one, do not think that would
> have been a bad decision. I do think it would've slowed down growth,
> but it would've helped NPOV and duplication of work."

Blame... yeah that is big problem... that filing is responsible for
behavior of LSC to take stubborn defense with short unsupported
autocratic statements, instead to try to find solution and to see good
in ctiticism.

Instead to serve community and try to help Montenegrins to find solution
to this situation, LSC calls Montenegrins to be garbage collectors on
Serbian wikipedia! :)

Intuitive indeed with full respect. Thank you for that.
> Therefore, the subcommittee will *not* allow new projects that are
> likely to be politically biased or duplicative
Likely? :)
Of what good is that? What you like? How about some fact approach
instead impulse approach.

> simply because they
> were previously approved by politically-charged, sockpuppet-filled
> votes *before* the subcommittee.

I don't know what happen before, and our request cant fit in any of this
except that our request was raided by votes against which LSC happily
supported.

LSC should do comprehensive research in this kind of situations, and if
they are not payed, they should be payed professionals as they role is
figurative KERBER on the entrance of ROME. And citizens of ROMA dont
really know that there are some other world outside who are asking to be
accepted by them not like cheap garbage collectors but as equal members
of their society.

I am sad that you find Montenegrins are statistical error, and that you
don't find that Montenegrin language exist, but that is your opinion as
the opinion of 200.000 of Montenegrins dispute you, and you don't find
they are relevant and important in any way.

Again I am saying that I will not again promote Montenegrin Wikipedia
and request any support from WMF community, I am just  point out some
problems that I have found, and I hope that it will help in future to
others that will come in same situation.

Thank you,

Darko