[Foundation-l] Language subcommittee vs Montenegrin language - show time over again

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 13:34:27 UTC 2007

Hoi,
When the LC became functional, the decisions were according to the policies
that we subscribe to. Where you state that the Montenegrin proposal is the
victim of this. I can only state that this is a matter of history.

In the way the arguments were produced in the past, they were political and
based on "entitlements" because of the existence of other South Slavic
language projects. These arguments were then as now rejected.

When I refer to the time before there was a LC, I do not single out any
specific project. If you have an interest in these matters you know what is
different and by inference the things that we address in this way. The LC is
not a talking shop, I have no interest in endlessly rehashing the same
arguments

When you accuse the LC of personal opinions, I have to stress that the
committee has included people from outside the WMF to broaden its base. This
is how we hope to implement our policies in a way whereby the policy is a
guideline and not a nose around our neck.

Thanks,
     GerardM