[Foundation-l] governance

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 19:09:53 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Okay. So, now, let's take it a step further.
> Who is "WMF stuff" ?

I am not so good introduced in WMF/office structure. I may suppose
something like:

>> * should it be the board job to write down a letter of support to help
>> an editor get access to a museum to take pictures ?

In general, this is the job of local chapters. However, we covered
approximately 0,5% of countries of the world, so in 95,5% it should be
WMF. However, there are some exceptions: I am sure that WM PL may
write a support letter for people from Czech Republic or WM NL and WM
FR for people from Belgium etc. And even WM UK for the people from
Commonwealth.

I suppose that *WMF stuff* in this case should be volunteers organized
by chief of volunteers (which should be payed position).

>> * should it be the board job to coordinate a legal threat from a company
>> for brand use abuse ?

If not a local chapter, then WMF stuff should mean volunteer lawyers
organized by chief lawyer (which should be payed position).

>> * should it be the board job to receive complains that a volunteer has
>> not done an executive task he promised to take care of, and the board
>> job to go after the "bad guy" ?

Chief of volunteers.