[Foundation-l] models for adminship/wiki leadership

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 14:32:12 UTC 2007

I think a "Community Leader" program would end up in
nearly the same situation as admins are on the larger
wikis.  The real issue is that the community is grown
so large there really cannot be overall leaders in the
same way there are in the smaller wikis.

One thing I think may work is to break-out workgroups
for different processes.  If there were a deletion
workgroup or a copyright workgroup for example.  These
should be experienced groups of people (usually
admins) that would handle the more difficult cases and
review processes while still encouraging the average
admin to tackle the uncontested cases.  Workgroups
should be filled without buearcracy of elections.  The
apprentice system being used by Wiktionary admin
canidates may be a good model to use to add people to
such workgroups.

Birgitte SB