[Foundation-l] elections

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 14:45:30 UTC 2007

--- Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I agree with Lodewijk in this.  If smaller
> projects
> > want to form caucuses and vote together, they can
> do
> > so naturally.  Not by someone assigning
> "alliances"
> > from above.  It was already suggested at the last
> > election that the Wikisoures vote together, and I
> > imagine it will be a more mature idea this time
> > around.  Certainly I expect there will be some
> sort of
> > caucus-type discussion involving at least people
> from
> > the english, french and ws.org.  And the effort
> might
> > end up being more widely organized.
>
> What would be the point of such a caucus? It doesn't
> matter what
> project a vote comes from, it still only counts as
> one vote. A few
> smaller projects might try to encourage only one
> person to stand from
> all the projects, but there really is no way to
> control who stands, so
> I don't expect to see much success with any such
> plans.

Honestly I wasn't the person suggesting that people
vote together in the last election, so I cannot say
what the orginal motive was there.  I personally think
the most useful thing to come out of such a thing is
simply the discussion itself.  Also it might be nice
to try and formulate some questions for canidates as a
group.  But another reason people might be interested
is simply to save the effort of each peson having to
individually read everything about all canidates.

Birgitte SB