[Foundation-l] Version 0.5 CD *finally* released

christophe.henner@wikimedia.fr christophe.henner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 18:45:31 UTC 2007

On 07/04/07, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
> How many people, though, would buy Wiki P. on U-S-B?
>
> On 4/7/07, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 4/7/07, Gary Kirk <gary.kirk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > If you want to do your bit, donate to the Foundation so they receive
> > > 100% of what you give, and browse Wikipedia online - for nothing!
> > > This CD, while good news, is not targeted for Wikipedians with
> > > Internet access - or am I wrong there?
> > >
> > I dunno, is there even a way to order the CDs without Internet access?
> >
> > When it comes out on DVD it'll be pretty neat.  Not useful, but I'd
> > probably buy one for a few bucks (not for $15, and I wonder if they'd
> > charge even more than that).  Wikipedia on USB would be even cooler,
> > especially if it automatically updated itself.  The CD is, well, a
> > version 0.5.
> >
> > Anthony

Heu yeah you could postage for 2$... and do you pay the develloper of
the offlinereader, the searchengine and others :)

You can do it by yourself? Even copyediting thousands of articles,
selects articles and others?

Well, I do understand the price is a little high, but it's not really
aimed to wikipedians, but, for exemple, to schools. The current
problem is Wikipedia is "live", with this cd, schools can have a free
encyclopedia for nearly nothing. And for exemple, families who wanna
have a "stable' version of an encyclopedia (it remains REALLY cheaper
than Britannica) etc...

The CD is really no use for a wikipediholic exept that if you're
really wikipediholic you should have this cd, just next to the wiki
bear, th wiki swatch, the wiki shirts...

--
schiste