[Foundation-l] [Wikisource-l] A successful request not yet fulfilled (was Language Prevention Committee created)

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 04:48:04 UTC 2007

I, for one, think it entirely unfair that you guys can just usurp a
so-far very successful process.

I think most people will agree that there were flaws with requests for
NEW languages, but I think you will find it more difficult to find
people who think we had any problem with Wikisource and Wikinews
requests.

I think (and this is just my opinion, but I would imagine at least
someone out there agrees with me) that you should leave Wikinews and
Wikisource be as they were before to process their own requests.

Mark

On 01/04/07, Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) <pathoschild at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The developers usually want approval by the subcommittee or the board
> before creating a new language subdomain. The language subcommittee
> has developed the language proposal policy
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WM:LPP> to provide a clear
> step-by-step policy on getting approval, but the Wikisource creation
> policy is not equivalent.
>
> Unfortunately, this means that most or all requests on the
> multilingual Wikisource do not fit the requirements and will need to
> be re-opened under the language proposal policy, in particular
> regarding the use of arguments rather than simple votes.
>
> Fortunately, the existence of an active test project (whether on the
> incubator or the multilingual Wikisource) will mean that the request
> can be fast-tracked if there are insufficient arguments against in the
> new request. Requests for more projects in a language already
> established in another project can be fast-tracked even further.
>
> I apologize for the delay and inconvenience; once the new process is
> fully settled in there should be much less hassle.
>
> Yours cordially,
> Jesse Martin (Pathoschild)

Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.