[Foundation-l] check user...

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 2 02:47:30 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 10:18:51PM +0900, Aphaia wrote:
> On 3/31/07, Delphine M?nard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/31/07, Mohamed Magdy <mohamed.m.k at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Generally agreed. I would only point out 18 is not world-wide age
> considered as adult who make their legal decision without the consent
> of their parents. In Japan, the age is 20. If you think it important,
> we are better to amend this part "at least 18 and explicitly or over
> the age at which they are capable to act without the consent of their
> parent in the country they reside".

For the curious:
There's a strange exception still in the dutch lawbooks where in one
situation you can be treated as a legal adult as young as 15 [1](It's
one of those strange old laws that's still in the books, but probably
hasn't been used for a century).

Oh, but actually,  but that does give me an idea on how to apply the [[KISS
principle]] and make the line shorter:

"Checkusers should be legal adults in the jurisdiction in
which they reside."

read you soon,
	Kim Bruning

[1] For the terminally curious: If you are under 18, you are still
permitted to marry, provided you have parental permission, and provided
you are older than 15. As soon as you are married, you become a legal
adult. I don't think anyone has actually done this in the last 100
years, but it's still technically possible, AFAIK.

--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key  FEF9DD72