[Foundation-l] Extensive Link Errors related to Proper Names - Needs Fixing

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 18:10:59 UTC 2007

On 4/1/07, Jeffrey V. Merkey <jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com> wrote:

> I have been compiling a machine compiled lexicon created from link and
> disambiguation pages from the XML dumps.  Oddly, the associations
> contained in [[ARTICLE_NAME | NAME]] form a comprehesive "real time"
> thesauraus of common associations used by current English Speakers in
> Wikipedia, and perhaps comprise the worlds largest and most comprehesive
> Thesaurus on the planet emedded within the mesh of these links within
> the dumps.

Hey Jeff, Would you mind forwarding me a copy of your extracted data?
A long time back I extracted the same data using an instrumented copy
of the mediawiki parser, for the purpose of creating missing redirect
pages. I didn't save my work, and getting the data from you would save
me from reinventing the wheel all over again.

Thanks.