[Foundation-l] Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 20:20:16 UTC 2006

Please... Why are we having these fights? Taipei has been chosen now,
and we can i think do two things: Accept that or not. If we do the
second, we will be fighting over this for weeks, months and maybe
longer. I think Taipei made a good bid, and I am not in the position
to decide whether it was the best. It has been chosen, please let the
bidding team now proove that their bid was good indeed (we will never
know a comparison with Turin or London or Alexandria)
Please stop fighting over who copied something from someone else. It
is NO use! In wiki it is *good* to copy the good things right? As long
as it is the idea of improoving your bid, it is OK imho. The bid it is
copied from won't be less good by that. The idea is not to *win* with
your bid, but the idea should be to let the jury offer as much as
possible material to be able to make a fair choise for the best bid.
So please leave the harass behind, and let the Taipei people do their
job, let them work their bid out to a real wikimania. Please let's all
hope it will be a great conference, and don't make it harder for them
with all these fights.

Greetings,

Lodewijk