[Foundation-l] Corporate vanity policy enforcement

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Sat Sep 30 15:43:58 UTC 2006

On 9/29/06, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com> wrote:
>  That does not solve any problems. The problem is not that they want to be online. Many of them have their own websites which get considerable traffic. The problem is that they want to be on Wikipedia. That is all they want. And as long as they are not on Wikipedia, they will keep coming back, regardless of whether they are on Yellowiki or not.

The solution seems pretty simple, then.  Put them in Wikipedia.

In fact maybe we can beat them to the punch.  Create a verifiable
neutral article about them *before* they get around to it.

Wikipedia gets what it wants.  The companies get what they want.
Everyone is happy, except I suppose some people who calculate the
value of the encyclopedia based on the popularity of the article
titles.

Anthony